Reasons I love today:
1. Today we had no guests in town, no trips to go on or places to be. Not that those things are bad- I love all of them but after 8 weeks in a row, I was ready for a weekend of empty calendar spaces.
2. We are making rosemary chicken soup. You can find the recipe here.
3. By the end of the day, I will have done at least SIX loads of laundry. It would have been a tie for the record with five loads but our kitchen sink broke and we had a whole load worth of towels and rags that we had cleaned up the chili Josh had just dumped down the drain. Laundry day is always a great one- I feel so accomplished at the end.
4. My awesome husband fixed the sink in about ten minutes. AND cleaned up much of the mess. All I had to do was vacuum and clean the floor. He’s very handy. Everyone should marry an Eagle Scout Mechanical Engineer.
6. In two days, these guys will be playing in town.
7. I finally figured out where the recycling center in our part of Houston is so now I can recycle everything I want to (recycling is not much of a priority down here in Houston).